Permit Application for
NC Graduate Checklist
88B-12. Temporary employment permit; extensions limits on practice.
(a) The Board shall issue a temporary employment permit to an applicant for licensure as an apprentice, cosmetologist, esthetician, natural hair
care specialist, or manicurist who meets all of the following:
(1) Has completed the required hours of a cosmetic art school curriculum in the area in which the applicant wishes to be licensed.
(2) Has applied to take the examination within three months of completing the required hours.
(3) Is qualified to take the examination.
(b) A temporary employment permit shall expire six months from the date of graduation from a cosmetic art school and shall not be renewed.
(c) The holder of a temporary employment permit may practice cosmetic art only under the supervision of a licensed cosmetologist, manicurist,
natural hair care specialist, or esthetician, as appropriate, and may not operate a cosmetic art shop.
Note for all:
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be processed.
- If your name has changed, upload legal documentation showing the name change.