Individuals Licensed in another State
Requirements (2 items):
- Hold a current license in good standing (no disciplinary actions)
- Be licensed in a state that offers reciprocity to North Carolina
How to Transfer:
If you are licensed in Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, or West Virginia:
- Have your state licensing agency send a certification via email or mail to:
Mail: NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
1207 Front Street, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27609
We do not accept fax submissions. Certifications are held on file for either 90 days or until the date of expiration, whichever comes first.
Check the list below for your name. Once you are on this list, you may submit the application.
If you are licensed in any other state, submit the application online or by mail:
$35 – Apprentice, Esthetician, Manicurist, Natural Hair Care and Teacher licenses
$64 – Cosmetologist license
Incorrect payments will be returned unprocessed. If you do not meet the requirements listed above, your payment will be returned unprocessed.
Other Important Information:
- Reciprocity licenses will not be granted for hair braiders, manicurist or estheticians in the state of Florida.
- Reciprocity licenses will not be granted for hair braiders in the state of Texas.
- Teacher's licenses cannot be obtained without first holding a current license for practice in the corresponding discipline. Ex: Only NC licensed cosmetologists may obtain a NC cosmetology teacher's license.
This listing updated 3/25/2015 License Approved from Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, or West Virginia: